After all the work of Weeks 1, 2, and 3, you might think our sunroom was as good as done. Cool your jets, because this was our view on Saturday morning.
Our new hardwood floor material had been delivered several days earlier and was acclimating in our living room. We used unfinished solid 2 1/4″ red oak to match our existing 100-year-old floors.
No one but you and me will ever appreciate the work that went into this level plywood floor. Now let’s get it covered up.
The hardwood floor contractor (referred by Chris) was ready to go the day after the GC crew wrapped up. We went from one construction zone to another.
The two-man crew installed the floor on Saturday.
They returned on Monday to sand the floor and apply the stain.
We used DuraSeal Quick Coat in Golden Brown, which was a great color match for our existing floors.
They used two coats of Loba WS EasyFinish in Satin to seal the floor.
Here’s the first coat.
And here’s the second! It’s beautiful. They were all done by Tuesday.
The floor was dry enough to walk on in socks by that evening, but I kept the tarp up overnight to keep curious cats (Lola and me) off of it. Wednesday was the big day for tarp removal.
Jarrod and I stood in the living room saying “Wow” to one another for a while.
Before the painters arrived, I had our bungalow’s entire ductwork system professionally cleaned. I figured it’d be nice to get all of the construction dust out of there. We did this once before, when we first bought the house, and I hired Wright Way Corp both times. They’re super nice and I recommend them highly. It takes a few hours and costs $450.
Our Marvin windows are wood on the interior side. They’re factory-primed white and need to be finished with a coat of paint. I chose Benjamin Moore Advance paint; the finish is satin and the color is Chantilly Lace, which is a very pure white. This was used on all the window interiors and the new trim.
All of the sashes pop out easily for painting.
The crew also painted the exterior stucco and AZEK trim around the windows.
They had a jobsite microwave, just like our roofing crew.
Here you get a peek at the baseboard and crown moulding work I had started.
Paint and caulk took us from this:
The painters finished interior and exterior painting in two days, which is two hundred days faster than it would have taken me. All of the contractor work was now complete, and it was on me to wrap up this project.
All the posts in this series:
• Bungalow Window Decision Making
• Sunroom Renovation Plans
• Let’s Get Into Our Sunroom Renovation
• Sunroom Renovation – Week 1
• Sunroom Renovation – Week 2
• Sunroom Renovation – Week 3
One thought on “Sunroom Renovation – Floor Installation and Painting”
fantastic, love dad
On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 10:17 AM Project Palermo wrote:
> Marti posted: ” After all the work of Weeks 1, 2, and 3, you might think > our sunroom was as good as done. Cool your jets, because this was our view > on Saturday morning. Our new hardwood floor material had been delivered > several days earlier and was acclimating i” >